Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Wrapping It Up

After the second session of conference we had a testimony meeting on temple square. It was really neat to her each girl share their feelings. I cannot believe how attached I am to these girls. Each one has such a unique personality. Overall there were way more positive experiences than negative. It is interesting to see how we act when we are crammed together for three straight days with lack of sleep and that many hormones! Karalee and I decided all the preparation and time spent for this trip was well worth it. I hope the girls feel that way too!



After conference we headed to The Gateway Mall for some shopping therapy and dinner. I was way too tired to shop, but did enjoy my ruby trout from Z Tejas and snickerdoodle from Ben's Cookies.
All the girls except four got up bright and early (4:45) and left for Gilbert in the motor home. Karalee and I stayed with the few girls and listened to conference on the way down to St. George. The plan was to stay in St. George and leave for home Monday morning, but when we made such great time, we decided to change the plan. We watched the last session of conference and left for Gilbert when it was done. It worked out perfect that the Stott's were leaving St. George when we were and we caravaned home.
WHEW!! What a trip. All the highs and lows, the tons of driving, the spiritual nourishment it is something not to be soon forgotten!

0 comments: