Sunday is one of my favorite days again! I used to love Sunday when I was really pure and righteous around 12 /13 years old. I loved putting off the regular routine of the week and going to church. This continued through my teenage years enjoying naps, church as a social venue, mom's roast dinner and Post spaghetti. When I first got married Sunday was my favorite day because Jason and I spent the day outside of our three hour block in bed, sleeping and whatever.
Then came the kids. Oh what fun to try and sit through sacrament meeting with screaming, whining, crying babies and toddlers. Then comes the trying to entertain age that includes froot loops coloring books and whatever other menagerie is in the Sunday bag. All of which is not conducive to the spirit or anything closely related, and in my case the exact opposite where I feel like I would like to toss my kids to the other side of the room. There have been more than 100 times when I have had to apologize to whoever would be so fortunate to endure an hour and 20 minutes sitting behind or in front of my little three ring circus. Sunday turned into my least favorite day. I could not wait for Monday!
Finally a new chapter. I love Sunday again. My little family of six can sit through sacrament meeting with out much incident. The key for us is containment and lack of distraction. First a side bench in the chapel is a must. Second no more Sunday bag. We do not bring even a piece of paper or a pencil for child entertainment. My kids will actually hold still for the most part. Yea! I can actually tell you who spoke and on what. I can again feel the spirit working and concentrate on what is important.
One of the best parts of Sunday for me now is my Sunday nap. Yes my house suffers while I crash for at least an hour up to 4 each week, but who cares! I love my Sunday afternoon slumber.
Thank goodness for Sunday to recharge for a week of chaos...Monday is just around the corner.
Sunday, April 13, 2008
Sunday Sunday
Posted by
kkicks
at
6:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment