Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Canada Eh?

This is a freaky story! These are my Canadian friends. I met them on the light rail train on our way to temple square. I immediately felt a bond to these kids. They were so friendly and nice. Of course I started talking about food indigent to Canada, like nanimo bars...mmmm. I even showed them pictures of my family on my camera. Weird how my laurels wanted nothing to do with me on the train. Am I embarrassing? Was it my announcement for tickets needed every time more people would get on the train? (I did end up with 2 because of it). Anyway.... These seven youth drove themselves down from Alberta Canada to attend conference. As we talked on the train I told them we had only three tickets and were trying to get 18 more that morning! They came down from Canada with their tickets and didn't have to worry about whether or not they would make it in for the Solemn Assembly. When the train stopped at Temple Square we said our goodbyes and good lucks. That was it.....or was it?????


Our group of laurels ended up getting 23 tickets into the first session of conference and 8 for the second session!! Crazy! We passed out the tickets and everyone went their separate ways because our tickets were all over the conference center. Jeni and I needed to get to door five. Because of the sacredness of the first session there seemed to be a million people in lines that curved all around the building and on the sidewalks. I knew if we didn't get inside we might not get in ticket or not. Jeni and I walked to the end of the long line for door five and guess who was there... my Canada Friends. We decided we should be on a first name basis now. We finally found out we could go to an express line and get in. We exchanged cell phone numbers and split up. Long story shorter none of us ended up in the conference center for the first session, but my Canadian friends and I got into the second session. They later texted me and I told them if they ever where in AZ to come stay with me! I think we may have known each other somewhere before!:)

0 comments: