Friday, April 11, 2008

Lance

It was three years ago today that my sweet cousin Lance was killed. He was walking home from Mt. View in the cross walk when a driver struck him. He was killed instantly. I remember the day like it was yesterday. Today when I was driving Sydney to tumbling I passed by the accident site. It is just up the road from his house and I drive by it at least four times a week. For a long time I would get a sickening feeling in my stomach every time I would pass by there. I haven't had that feeling in a while until today. It was like all the emotion and trauma came rushing back. I spent pretty much every minute with Kris and Kent after the accident going through pictures and videos, preparing the program for the funeral and even writing the obituary. It was a really emotional week. It has been amazing to watch this sweet family work through this life altering event. It has been confirmed to me and to them that this was what Heavenly Father had planned for Lance. He was such an awesome young man, so sweet and wise beyond his years. I love him and can't wait to be reunited with him and others who have gone on. I am so thankful for my knowledge of the plan of salvation. I love you Lance. My thoughts are with you, Kristin, Kent, Alex, Erika, and Sue. You all are an example to me!

2 comments:

BeckyinQC said...

I too can't drive by the scene of the accident without thinking of Lance and his family. Just the other day I was in the area and knew it was close to the time of his passing and knew what his family would be feeling at this time of year. I'm sure not a day goes by that he is not remembered, but a different feeling comes with rememberance on the anniversaries of their passings. It can be especially hard at this time. I too look up to Kent and Kristen for their strength and example as they have endured this trial and rejoice with them in our Heavenly Father's atoning sacrifice so that we may see our loved ones again.

stephanie said...

i remember that day like it was yesterday, that is the same day talons friend steven was killed also...these days have just flown by..both those boys were taken at such young ages, you often wonder why--but thank goodness we know why, they are needed for a much greater work on the other side with our heavenly father--your cousins family is a huge example to others!