It is fun to help in Cole's kindergarten class a few days a month. I enjoy getting to know the kids and their personalities even if it feels a little like babysitting:) Today was my first time in a few weeks to help and as I scanned the room to see what they were working on my eyes quickly stopped on a giant lined spiral notebook. At the top it said "What I want to be when I grow up". It listed each students name then a dash then their future occupation. I read a lot of teachers after girls names. One of the boys at the top of the list said pilot and diver, so many boys after that had listed the same. I was getting a little frustrated reading because Cole's name had not come up. He was third to last on the list, when I read Cole's answer I immediately stared laughing out loud! It read:
Cole-Target cashier
Yes! Cole! Way to aim high! His teacher started laughing too and said she wanted to call me yesterday and share his answer. She said she asked if he meant the manager or something and he said no the guy who checks you out. Cole was sitting right by me and I asked him what made him think of that? "I like the bags, I think it would be cool to put the Pokemon toys and Bakugan balls(the toy of the moment at our house) into the bags. And sell all the toys and stuff".
Hopefully he can fulfill his dream of being a Target cashier one day. I'm thinking it would be a great part time job when he's maybe 15 and not lasting past his mission. He definetly has more potential than cashier. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Thursday, April 10, 2008
When I Grow Up
Posted by
kkicks
at
1:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
LOL funny!!!!!! that is awesome, hey you can get the target discount, that will be so great!!! he is too cute1
That's a man after my own heart! Go Target. What's wrong with a red shirt?
My dad used to be the Optometrist at Gemco, which ironically was bought out by Target. My favorite outing was going to work with my dad and hanging out for hours at Gemco. I had the same dream as Cole to be a checker one day when I grew up. Sadly that dream never came to be, but I do enjoy self-checkout and the grocery store and price check at Target, and not to brag, but I am pretty good at scanning my items and lining up the barcodes quickly. Maybe one day mine and Cole's dreams will come true, keep wishing buddy!
Post a Comment