Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Thank You

Lately I have been totally bugged at the lack of appreciation that goes on in this world. What happened to thank you? Have people forgotten how magical those two simple words are? Thank you for bagging my groceries, thank you for holding the door open, thank you for your help, thank you for working with my child. Forget about a hand written thank you note. Even at wedding receptions people leave a thank you note by the door that you are expected to pick up on your way out. Why not just set up a greeting line in the parking lot...deposit gift here, say congrats here, cake and generic thank you note in doggy bag here, please keep moving, more cars equals more presents.

Today I received a hand written thank you note in the mail. How fun is that? This one was totally expected, there is only one person I can always count on for a sincere yet simple thanks, Kim Skinner! Just add it to the list of qualities I admire in my friend. Thanks Kim for lifting my spirits and helping me realize THANK YOU is not completely forgotten!

0 comments: