Saturday, May 17, 2008

Friday Field Trip

Yesterday was a fun filled and exhausting day. Up at 4:00 am to get ready make lunches and be at the school by 5:30. Loaded the buses and headed to Benson Arizona to experience: It only slightly hurt my feelings that Brock wouldn't sit by me on the bus or pay me any attention during most of the trip. Being there meant something to him right?!
This is "my group". Yafet, Brock, Jordan, Sammy, Alexandra, and Kendayl. They were great and hardly complained when I made them hike so I could get my 30 mins. of cardio in for the day:)
The caverns were amazing. I can't wait to go back in October to see the rest of the. The big room is closed right now due to it's occupants, bats! It was truly amazing to be in a place that was created 300 million years ago. It was so neat to see how it is still living and changing. I highly recommend this for a family outing. Brock's favorite part was the Kubla Khan. A five story column in the middle of this massive cave. INCREDIBLE!

0 comments: