Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

What a privilege it is to be a mother. Definitely the most time consuming, frustrating, rewarding job any woman could ever have. Today I honor all the mothers who have influenced me and my family. I feel lucky to have so many wonderful women and mothers be excellent examples to me and my family. I have a lot to live up to coming from an heritage of amazing mothers. I think about my Grannie, and all the stories I know of her. My Nana who was literally like a second mom to me and who gave me my love of reading, among other things. My own mom who really is my best friend. My great Grandma Dyring, and Grandma Nelson who taught me about service. Jason has had great examples too. His Grandma Sherwood bore 12 children and lived in an army tent for part of that time! Enough said. His Grandma Beryl was sweet and able to endure health issues with a grateful heart. Jason's mom Karen is a great example of love and caring. I have a lot to live up to and am making many mistakes along the way. I would not change this experience for anything. I love being a mother! Happy Mother's Day!



1 comments:

stephanie said...

i just want to tell you happy (late) mothers day, you are an awesome mom too, i look up to you in many ways! i love the picture of your mom-she is so pretty--(jason's mom is too) hope you had a great day, wow you have been busy, i dont check on you and all of the sudden there is like 10 new posts :) you are great!