I've had a few of those phone calls where my heart speeds up and the blood rushes from my face. The sickening news coming from the other end...."We have a broken bone"
You'd think after 4 previous breaks with my kids I'd be used to this by now, but no!
Of course the drama revolved around football, as it has for the past three weeks. Brock took a hit at football practice. When he landed on the ground his wrist broke in 2 places. It just so happened that Jas was walking up to watch the practice just moments after the accident happened. Tender mercies for sure.
There has got to be a better way to get tons of attention and out of football than this kind of pain. When asked if he would rather have a broken wrist or play out the season of football he said, "UHHHH....have my wrist broken" You've got to be kidding me! Maybe after six weeks he can get right back at it!
Thanks to Jason for being so perfect for these kind of situations. Cool, calm, collected, and compassionate. (He should be he, has broken his bones 7 times previously). Also thanks to Greg and Jenny for helping out last night, and everyone who has called and stopped by to wish him well.

4 comments:
Holy Crap!
I heard about this today. My first thought was "that is a heck of a way to get out of football"! I guess they always say in sports "no pain - no gain".
I'm so sorry Brock. It looks like it hurts. Here is to a speedy recovery!
nice brock
That is sick!I can't look!
-Jessica
Post a Comment