It took many bribes, an evening at Bobby McGees, and several dollars out of my dad's wallet to get me to jump off the little diving board at our home on Isabella about 27 years ago. Chalk it up to first born caution. Once I got over my fear of the diving board I learned to love it. Then we went to Snow College in Ephraim Utah. I remember being about 8 or 9 years old and thinking how totally cool it was to get to go swimming in an indoor pool. Then I saw it........the HIGH DIVE! Fear, anxiety, I wasn't about to attempt that! Again with the bribes, and I will never forget finally climbing the endless ladder to the top of the board. It was there in Utah I overcame my fear of the high dive. Zane is completely the opposite, total dare devil. He had a blast today at Stapley Jr. High pool. He made a beeline for the...
Cool as a cucumber......
Eyes on the prize....
Cool as a cucumber......
Eyes on the prize....
Splash Down!


0 comments:
Post a Comment