Wednesday, October 15, 2008

We Are Going On an Adventure

What do you tell your kids when they are whining and DO NOT want to go on a hike? You tell them we are going on an adventure, and that is exactly what we did! Since it was the first day of fall break and the weather was absolutely perfect, we had to do something outside. Jenny scoped out three letter box locations and their clues and off we went..........on an adventureFirst clue, hike to the two armed saguaro, look above and around where wood and rocks are. Hmmmmmm, no such luck, all we found was a small scorpion.Next, take lost dutchamn trail, beware of the teddy bear cholla. Hmmmmmm again nothing, but the kids loved climbing the face of this rock. In between chasing butterflies and the mostly constant fake cries, Sydney kept asking when we would see the teddy bear? Still a mystery. Jenny and I decided we needed to learn how to work a compass a little better, missed those skills when we were den mothers, weird?! The majorly curved road between the Peralta Trail and Tortilla Flats left most of the Stott gang feeling a little woozy! Thank goodness there was at least this as a reward. Prickly pear ice cream! Is it strange that Iasked the stranger in front of me if I could have the first bite of his ice cream,only to see if I liked the flavor. He was kind enough to oblige, and sure enough I like prickly pear, but I needed a little mint chip too, double scoop for mom, everyone else single!Yes! Success! We finally found a letter box! (And some frogs too)Sign log book, you bet ya!Tortilla Flat stamp tatted on our arm, Oh yea! What a trip. Lesson learned, fun times out of car, not so fun in car. Eight kids and two mom in one burban too much together time. Still a super start to our adventurous week!












2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

I didn't know a suburban had eight seatbelts? You must have had it customized.

kkicks said...

So expected that comment! Thank you for fulfilling my expectations! I love you!