Just four months ago our family drove to Sr. George to celebrate My Dad's father's 90th birthday. On July 14, 2008 Grandpa passed away. It is so comforting to have knowledge of the gospel and the plan to be reunited with our loved ones after they pass from this life. I was so excited for Grandpa to be together again with Grandma. It has been 7 years since her passing. I'm thankful for the things my grandparents taught my Dad and for the examples they have been to me.
Mom. Dad, Nick and I flew up to Las Vegas and drove to St. George for the viewing and funeral. Lindsey took the boys to Prescott for some dental work, and Jason took the kids to Taylor to celebrate the 24th, so it was just the four of us for this trip.
I have never been to a funeral in honor of a war veteran. Grandpa served in WWII. It was neat to see the ceremonies that went along with that. The seven gun salute was amazing.
I was really touched when this man played Taps as the flag was folded and presented to my aunt. It was a nice day in honor of Grandpa.
Dad and his siblings. John, Sid, Dad, Carol, Betty, and Gay
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Reunited
Posted by
kkicks
at
3:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment