Sunday, July 6, 2008

BIg Time Show

The Taylor rodeo holds so many memories for me starting in 1991. Camping with Kim at the Busby reunion, us girls got dolled up and headed into town to catch the rodeo! We happened to run into none other than Mr. Jason Sherwood. I remember it like it was yesterday. He was sitting on the east end of the rodeo grounds on top of the pipe fence. The barrel racing event was going on. Jason started telling us he just got back from the hospital, apparently he got "hung up" on his bareback horse in Springerville earlier that day. I remember telling him he should go home and sleep and why the heck was he here? He said naw I'm fine, just banged up a little and a few stitches in my ear. As he was telling the story I heard the rodeo announcer call out that Becky Sherwood had won the barrell event. I remember asking Jason if that was his sister, he said oh yea. I think he was seriously doped up that night!

Fast forward 2 years and who knew I would be married to Mr. Jason and watching from the stands as he rode in the Taylor rodeo. I really hated to watch Jason rodeo it made me nervous. After he gave up rodeo we still would go to the big show in Taylor every fourth! He would leave me on the grandstand and go behind the bucking chutes to help "pull a riggin'" or visit with old rodeo buddies. I hated it when he did that! It was not fun to sit there alone. (poor me)

Now here it is 2008 and after some prodding from my husband I got sis and I ready and went again to the rodeo. (the boys absolutely did not want to go) Good thing Jason and i staked out our spots on the grandstands at 10:30 am it was a packed house last night! I know Jason still wishes he was the one jamming his hand in the rigging. But he was content last night to get some great action shots of his favorite events. Still one sexy cowboy!
Sydney was totally into the experience. Maybe one day she'll be like her aunt Becky and take home an event win in the barrels!

Most likely she'll end up doing this.......rodeo queen, suits the little princess that she is!
The weather was perfect last night and the rodeo went really fast(not the norm). Gotta love the big show at the Taylor rodeo grounds!

0 comments: