Sunday, July 13, 2008

and the Fishing was Great too

Jason was number one dad this weekend renting a boat and taking the kids out on the lake. He had to make several trips to and fro from the lake to give everyone a chance on the 5 man boat. Sydney was a girl after my heart loving every minute of it and being sad when she didn't get invited to go. Jas said when he and Kent pushed their sleeves up to clean the fish she followed suit and pushed her sleeves up and was ready to go to work gutting the fish.

The one time I got out on the boat I thought I was going to throw Cole overboard. He was going a little nuts wanting to swim to shore because it was soooo boring. After about 30 minutes the fish started biting. (Every pole except mine) Between Cole and Brock they reeled in 10 fish in a matter of one hour! Cole said about half way through the fish frenzy. "I love fishing on the boat mom, this is the best I don't even want to swim to the shore now". Jason was a trooper taking fish off the line and baiting and casting poles as fast as he could. (except mine, no need even though my pole was in the exact same honey spot, not even a nibble)

It was so fun to watch the kids love the fishing experience. It made me think of my Papa Joe and all the many fishing trips I went on with him and Nana. I love fishing, I love Big Lake and the 33 years of memories it has provided me!



1 comments:

BeckyinQC said...

Holy cow look at ALL those fish. Garrett is seriously jealous. Looks like you guys had a great time. I wish I was there for the food! YUM! Hears to more great times in the mountains these next couple of weekends!