Thursday, April 2, 2009

Good Better Best

There are many ills that I will owe up to. This post is about three of them. Clothes, cookies, and competitiveness. Let's begin by taking a trip down memory lane, circa the summer of 1988. Can't recall just why, but we had no money to buy new school clothes!

Gasp!

My life would end!

Enter in euntrepernuial idea, make my yummy c.c. cookies, sell the cookies, earn money, buy cute clothes, continue living. Many took pity on me purchased my cookies and raved at their deliciousness. Every since then I knew I could make a mean c.c. cookie.

Fast forward several years and Jason bursts my bubble telling me, no, Kim makes the best c.c. cookies. O.k. whatever. Yes I'm slightly hurt and the competitive spirit goes into over drive. I try unsuccessfully to top those cookies, and then just give up and crown Kim queen of the ccc's.

Can you hear it, yes, it's the proverbial crown being passed back to me! I tried a new recipe yesterday and once again my cookies are on the top of the leader board. Jason ranted and raved and quite frankly made me blush with his gushing compliments on the best c.c. ever.

Maybe I'll try selling them to buy some new clothes, money is tight and it's been a while since I ripped a tag off a new pair of jeans!

0 comments: