Sunday, March 30, 2008

Cell Phones

We are taking our laurel class to Utah for a conference/temple journey. We wanted to keep the girls' cell phones for the most part of the trip with the exception of certain times, like an hour at night, during free time on Friday etc. Today the girls learned of this plan and all chaos broke loose! Some vow they will sleep the whole trip without their cell phones, some don't want to go....and it goes on. I personally in the beginning wanted them to have some use of their cell phones, because I understand teenagers and their lifeline through texting, but after today I am against the cell phones going at all. The whole point of this trip is to put off the world and have "an experience" different than what happens every day. How can they do that if they are worried about the text they just got from their friend etc. At the same time they are 17 & 18 and old enough to make correct choices..... AHHH I'm frustrated tonight.
Cell phones: a blessing and a curse.

1 comments:

Lettie Peterson said...

Gotta love teenagers.I'm going with the fourth years again to camp this year and can you believe that the girls take there phones in the wilderness on the hike last year and I'm sure they will try again this year????? What I want to know is what's up with the parents letting them take them????Sounds like fun ,hopefully they will get the idea.Have fun in Utah, take a jacket they just had snow this weekend.

We do need to get our old Bunco girls group for dinner or lunch sometime!!!!!