As tradition goes Valentines equals homemade sugar cookies secretly dropped at the door of the ones you love. My Nana did it for me, something I looked forward to every year, and now it is a tradition my kids love too.
Sydney refused to get out of the car she, "just wanted to watch", it was up to Cole to really make the magic happen.
Here's Nana's recipe. I've made a few tweaks from the original. I can't help but think of her and all the wonderful things she taught me whenever baking these gems. Hone your inner Nana, and make these cookies asap!
Nana Dot's Yummy Sugar Cookies
4 Eggs
2C Sugar
1C Butter
Combine together and then add:
4C Flour
1tsp Salt
2tsp Cream of Tartar
1tsp. Baking Soda
Mix until combined and chill for an hour or more
Roll out on floured surface and cut out.
Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet at 400 degrees for 6-9 mins. depending on size.
I frost with a butter cream/cream cheese frosting.
***If you are reading this and did not get a plate of cookies on your doorstep, there's this...
Make the above recipe, put enough to satisfy on a cute plate, wrap with cellophane, tie with a nice bow and a cute tag, put them on your door step, close your eyes, think of Cole running away, and all the love my kids and I are sending your way! ***
Enjoy!
Oh yea, and Happy Valentine's Day.

0 comments:
Post a Comment