Friday, November 28, 2008

Bleak Black Friday

If you set your alarm for 5:30 pm instead of 5:30 am and wake up a full hour late on the shopping day you look forward to the most, maybe it's a sign of things to come!

There are few things that immediately make the blood rush from my face and a huge pit in my stomach. At least five of those times are coming to mind right now. Today's phone call from Jason was one of them. It went a little something like this........
"Uh Kelly where are you at"? I'm thinking it's only noon why are you bugging me
"At Target, why"?
"Well Brock probably has a broken elbow, he fell off the roof at my Dad's house" Pit in stomach


Sure enough after x-rays at urgent care and calls to the orthopedic surgeon Brock's right elbow is broke!

Rest, Motrin and ice is on tap for the rest of the weekend for Brock.

Parent of the year for Jason tending to and taking care of our little patient and the kids while I shopped, oh yea and folded laundry and cleaned house.

As for me I stopped by urgent care for a quick kiss and a little moral support, and then it was back to my day of shopping. Never made it to the mall, there is still some damage to be done!

Hoping for a sunny Saturday. At least one that doesn't include broken bones!

1 comments:

Catherine said...

okay, so I'm so dumb. I see Brock with his cast on SUnday and I'm thinking...he still has that thing on. Wow. It's a new one. I'm a little slow! He does have a cast on way tooooo often. I hope you have good insurance. And way to go Jason. Does he want to come clean my house too?