There was some major foreshadowing going on today. It started out like this...
When I woke up this morning I was thinking about Brock, and how 14 years ago today my Dr. tried to induce my labor to no avail. I told Brock this and told him about all the people that were anticipating his birth and visited me that day at Desert Samaritan Hospital.
Later that day, my fam along with Nan, Papa, Nick and his motley crew went to the park to enjoy a beautiful Arizona day outdoors. After about five minutes of arrival everyone in our party was in freak out mode. Brock called Nan's phone to let her know he needed help, he had just cut his finger off!
After all the blood rushed back into my face I threw Brock in the car called Jas and headed straight away to Desert Sam. During our drive from Germaine to Southern Brock was in classic freak out mode, fretting that his career as a pediatric surgeon was over, profusely apologizing for causing so much trouble to me, my life, and my bottom line. By the time we got to the hospital J was there, Brock was less hysterical, and I was thankful J was there to help with the drama.
Seven hours later Brock's right middle finger was x-rayed, soaked, cleaned, set, numbed, stitched, and bandaged. Final diagnosis, partially amputated finger.
Lessons learned today:
1. Don't stick your finger in between your bike sprocket and chain while riding said bike.
2. Take the freeway not the street roads to get to the hospital in an emergency.
3. Learn where the free food room is in the emergency room at the beginning of your stay.
4. Being friendly with the hospital staff will get you extra pillows and a smile but not necessarily much else.
5. See lesson learned numero uno.

0 comments:
Post a Comment